Here's a video-peak inside Day One. A story. About a bag.
This 4-week online workshop-style course offers a space where we learn how to travel, through transition, toward transformation, in the smallest and biggest ways.
I don't think it matters where you're headed. It's what you pack that counts. And, it's not the bag you check that matters, it's the one you stuff under the seat in front of you, the one with the necessities you want within reach that ensure you arrive fresh and inspired, not haggard and tired.
In this course, we're going to learn what to pack in that go-to bag + how to get to that ultimate destination: the heart of you.
What we'll do:
- Week One: Acknowledgement. Assess the nature of the trip. Ground yourself in what's in front of you.
- Week Two: Accomplishment. What you already have. The experiences and accomplishments that have brought you where you are.
- Week Three: Aspiration. The possibility pile. All the things you might like to take with you + others you might want to add.
- Week Four: A-ha's. Your go-to's. Your packing list streamlined and personalized.
- Each week's lesson will present ways to navigate around obstacles, stories, patterns, whatever keeps tripping you up, keeping you stuck or scattered. Ideas will be presented from experts in perspective-shifting truth-telling: .artists and authors of memoirs such as The Artist's Way, A Million Miles in a Thousand Years, Bird by Bird, The Art of Memoir, Daily Rituals, How Artist's Work.
- We'll be practicing the Basic Tools of The Artist's Way, proven exercises designed to get to the heart of you: Journal Prompts, Morning Pages, Artist’s Dates , and Movement (like, taking a walk). You'll be able to play with these, share insight with the group, or sit back and absorb. Make it your own.
- Morning Pages is the only “daily” to-do. These take about 20-30 minutes. No grades are given... so no one's going to know if you don't do them ;) Hopefully you'll experiment with them so you can experience their magic.
- You'll have direct access to me in every lesson. I will be right there in the comments with you.
- I want you to feel heard, encouraged. If there's something you'd like to talk through, feel free to book a one-on-one.
- There are no actual “live” meetings. You’ll receive a daily email (M-F) with a lesson or an activity that you can interact with when convenient.
You can take the course at your own pace, within the 4 weeks, or you'll always have access so you can come back to it another time.
No books are needed. Just a spiral bound notebook for notes.
What you'll experience:
- Move more easily through resistance/blocks/uncertainty
- Have clarity around what does/doesn't work for you
- Recognize your unique gifts, projects and passions
- Turn challenging life experience into purpose
- Cope with fear, doubt, anxiety around self-expression
- Establish boundaries and nurture your health and creativity
- Experience the power of forgiveness
- Finally, be able to do the New Year's resolutions that are most important to you
NEXT COURSE STARTS MAY 1.
If you have any questions, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about me + what previous clients/workshop attendees have to say on my About page here.
One more thing!
The course is housed in the Ruzuku platform that makes it easy to interact with others. You can observe others processes, encourage them, share your experiences in a variety of ways: audio, video, writing. I've taken many online courses using this platform and am amazed how real it feels, how connected I feel to the participants, and how many I stay connected to long after the course is through.
You can immerse yourself in the sharing or sit back and observe, participating in your own style.
You will get what you are supposed to get simply by signing up.
The content will always be there for you to go back to if you want a check-in down the line or don't have time to participate as you'd like.